There are a lot and I mean A Lot of Virtual Assistants out there!
They can help with so many things and they are all around the world.
BUT how do you know you are getting the right one?
Here are some questions that you may want to ask of the virtual assistant you are screening to work with you.
- How do you communicate with your clients? I like to meet with my client via video call and then text or email to keep in touch. It is important to know that your communication style works together.
- How do you keep your data secure? In today’s world, security is so important. Does your virtual assistant have computer security software in place? Are there regular backups of data? Where is the data stored?
- Do you provide status reports? Communication is critical to your relationship. How do you know what the status of your jobs are? While a report or weekly email is sometimes helpful, I find that having a direct connection with my clients works well. I can show what the status of the project or task list is and my client’s can review on their own schedule.
- How can you assure me that my information is safe? Many virtual assistants are part of a membership that requires the agreement to a code of ethics, but you can always ask the question.
- What are your procedures for specific scenarios? Ask about business policies to see if there is a structured SOP in place this way you know what is expected of you and what to expect of your virtual assistant.
Any new venture with a virtual assistant will involve some stretch of your comfort zone. If you aren’t comfortable with the potential virtual assistant, it is probably not a good fit. Understand as well that if the virtual assistant doesn’t feel comfortable with you, that it is completely understandable as well.
Ask questions. It is always a good idea to interview more than one virtual assistant. Each of us has different ideas on how to do things and different work styles. With luck, you can find the perfect fit and have a long lasting relationship with your new virtual assistant.
If you are looking for a virtual assistant, I’m here to help! Virtu-Ally On your side. Getting things done.